Total Pageviews

Irish Rose Art - Art, Music, Photos and Musings on Nature, Beauty, Things I See and Enjoy

All Photos and Art Work Copyright Sharon Gunn McMahon

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Flight and Vision

Birds of Prey - I don't think of them as predators. I think of them as Fliers - with their gliding wings spread, riding thermals, going up and up, coasting down. I think of their incredible vision, their almost infinite ability to focus on tiny creatures far far away.
I connect to them in spiritual ways, how they were created to trust their wings, their instincts, their sight. How they are equipped for everything they need to complete their life tasks, how they soar through their lives never thinking about how or why - and yet they always seem to "know" everything.

I love how they look, love their sharp piercing talons and beaks.

And I love how they pose for me - just for me - because they know my ancestors revered them and honored them as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy and welcome to Irish Rose! I would love to hear from you and welcome any comments you care to share! Thank you so much for visiting!! :-D