Total Pageviews

Irish Rose Art - Art, Music, Photos and Musings on Nature, Beauty, Things I See and Enjoy

All Photos and Art Work Copyright Sharon Gunn McMahon

Thursday, August 26, 2010

branching out

I haven't posted in a while - partly because I've been busy attempting different types of art. Both sketches and watercolor have occupied my time as I have been going through "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" again. I have realized that when I am doing "right sided" activities, I either do not feel pain as much, or else I do not recognize it as much. I am not sure why - I kind of think it is still there, but my left-brain articulation is preoccupied and I don't notice it as much.

I have been to my first quilt show now - I was blown away. There were magnificent works of art there. Only one quilt was hand pieced and hand quilted. The detail work was amazing. In fact, the stitches were so straight and even that I was looking at it and believing it to be machine quilted until I read the notation about it. It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy and welcome to Irish Rose! I would love to hear from you and welcome any comments you care to share! Thank you so much for visiting!! :-D